Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Accomplishments (part I) - Evidence of the Flesh

We often think of accomplishments in the positive sense. But, an accomplishment is essentially anything that is fulfilled or achieved. There is a result!

Galatians 5:19-21
"Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are:
immorality, impurity, sensuality,
idolatry, sorcery,
enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying,
drunkenness, carousing,
and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

The word 'evident' means: plain or clear to the sight or understanding. But, although some things are plain or clear in our lives, how willing are we to completely submit it all to Jesus?

What are some results in your life?

2 comments:

David Llamoso Talaguit said...

freedom of the will

Plato Paragon said...

For me, Thanksgiving 2007 ended with an outburst of anger. Morally repulsive to me, yet I yielded to a natural response given a certain situation. The choice was made in less that one second. I succumbed to the very thing I abhor. How I wish I could have instant santification. But sometimes I make poor choices, and I'm glad such things are not for me to decide.